The Washington Commanders face the ultimate trap game in Week 11. After shocking the NFL world by upsetting the then-undefeated Eagles on the road on Monday Night Football, the Commanders will travel to the midwest to lock horns with Houston Texans, whose lone win came all the way back in Week 5.
The Texans are losers of four straight, with two of those losses coming by double-digits and no loss coming by fewer than seven points. Houston feels like the overwhelming favorite to finish with the NFL’s worst record, and therefore the No. 1 overall pick, but Lovie Smith has his undermanned team playing hard.
The Commanders should be coming into this game on a two-game winning streak if they hadn’t squandered a 10-point fourth quarter lead vs the Vikings in Week 9, but they have all the wind in their sails after beating the Eagles in primetime.
The Texans represent Washington’s “easiest” matchup in over a month, and fans will be devastated if Ron Rivera’s group has an emotional letdown.
Here’s everything you need to know about the game before kickoff.
How to watch Commanders vs Texans Week 11
- TV Channel: FOX @ 1:00 p.m. EST
How to Stream Commanders vs Texans Week 11
- Fubo TV
- NFL Sunday Ticket
- NFL+ (mobile only)
- Hulu + Live TV
- Direct TV Stream
How to Listen to Commanders vs Texans Week 11
- Flagship station for the Commanders: BIG 100 (WBIG-FM)
- Sirius XM NFL Stations
Commanders vs Texans Kickoff Time and Location
- Kickoff time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- Location: NRG Stadium in Houston, TX
Commanders vs Texans Predictions
- The Commanders are -3 point favorites , which suggests this would be a pick ’em game on a neutral field. That feels pretty disrespectful after Washington just upset the NFC favorite Eagles in Philly on Monday Night Football.
- On paper, this is an excellent matchup for the Commanders, as the Texans own the league’s worst run defense. No team allows more rushing yards per game than Houston, and Washington has become a run-first offense led by Brian Robinson and Antonio Gibson over the last month.
- Given the Commanders’ newfound success on the ground and the defense playing like an elite unit since the second week of October, we predict Washington to win this convincingly by a final score of 24-16.
What is the weather for Commanders vs Texans Week 11 game?
- High of 53, Low of 47
- Wind 8-10 mph
- 70% humidity at kickoff
- 0% chance of precipitation
Commanders vs Texans History
- Series All-Time: 3-2-0 in favor of the Texans
- Last Game Result: 23-21 Texans victory (Nov. 18, 2018)
- Last 10 matchups favor the Texans 3-2