Expectations for the Washington Football Team are the highest in years. The defending NFC East champions could be in line for more success and some of the predictions are bold.
We have come to that time of the year when varying predictions dominate the NFL landscape and some of the prognostications center on the bold and bizarre. Let’s avoid the former and focus on the bold ideas for this season.
Today, we will present you with 12 such ideas and let the boldness speak for itself. Can any of these predictions come to fruition? It’s entirely possible, but no one can deny that these ideas are bold and somewhat realistic.
Washington Football Team: 12 bold predictions for 2021
- 1. Chase Young and Montez Sweat will combine for 31 sacks and the team will record 66 sacks total. These totals are short of NFL records, but Young and Sweat are set to have a very special season.
- 2. Terry McLaurin will have 91 catches for 1,216 yards. Curtis Samuel will haul in 72 catches for 1,064 yards. Logan Thomas will have 889 yards on 76 catches. Having two 1,000 yard receivers and a tight end that approaches such lofty numbers is a bold idea, but could it happen?
- 3. Antonio Gibson will rush for 1,108 yards and record 14 touchdowns. This may not be overly bold, but the Washington Football Team offense is likely to heavily emphasize the pass in 2021.
- 4. Kendall Fuller will benefit from an improved secondary and record 12 interceptions. Opposing offenses will shy away from targeting William Jackson and Fuller will profit from such a strategy.
- 5. Washington will finish with a record of 13-4. Two key victories are the Chargers on opening day and the Seahawks at home later in the season.
- 6. Sammis Reyes is elevated to the roster from the practice squad at mid-season and becomes a superb blocker. He also contributes 14 key receptions. Reyes is a fan favorite and this is the kind of story that will make Sammis Nation swell with pride.
- 7. Jamin Davis earns NFL defensive rookie of the year honors after recording 117 tackles, six sacks, two forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries (one is returned for a touchdown), and four interceptions. There is a lot of bold in this prediction, but Davis has the talent to produce such a season.
Washington Football Team preseason ends, the regular season awaits
- 8. Kamren Curl has a solid second season and produces two interception returns for touchdowns.
- 9. Sam Cosmi earns NFL first team All-Rookie honors. He allows just one sack from the right tackle position. Cosmi and guard Brandon Scherff form a tandem on the right side that is devastating to defenders.
- 10. Ryan Fitzpatrick produces his best season as a pro with nearly 5,000 yards passing and 33 touchdowns. This sounds sweet, doesn’t it?
- 11. Punter Tress Way continues to be one of the best in the league. He leads the NFL in punting with an astonishing 51.8 yards per punt and is able to pin the opponents inside the 20 yard line 23 times and inside the 10 an amazing 12 times.
- 12. Kicker Dustin Hopkins puts the recent struggles behind by connecting on 31 of 33 field goal attempts in 2021. Six of the successful kicks are beyond 50 yards.
These are bold predictions, but which of the 12 actually has a chance of occurring? Prediction season is nearly over and it is time for meaningful games very soon.
Coming this week, yours truly will attempt to predict each game and the final 2021 Washington Football Team record. Think bold! Be bold! Stay bold!