Round 1: Zaven Collins, Linebacker, Tulsa
After discussions about possible trades moving up or down never fully materialize and the Washington Football Team selects Collins. Micah Parsons, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, and Christian Darrisaw were already taken in the simulation and Collins was the choice. He will be an impact player at the next level and Washington is filling a major need with this pick.
Collins has reportedly gained 10 pounds in recent weeks, but he can also lose that weight quickly. His best playing weight is 260 pounds and it simply isn’t an issue.
More from Commanders Draft News
- What will Emmanuel Forbes bring to the Washington Commanders?
- Highlighting the best Commanders 2023 NFL Draft betting props
- 3 late Commanders rumors drawing buzz ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft
- 4 bold predictions for the Commanders 2023 NFL Draft
- Bet365 VA Bonus Code – Claim $200 Guaranteed With Sign-Up Bonus
Collins is very likely to be a starter from day one and his overall impact could be similar to what we witnessed with Chase Young in his first season.
One of the best defensive lines in the NFL will pave the way for Collins to potentially have a rookie of the year season. That would be a major coup for Washington after Young won such honors for 2020.
Other Possible First Round Targets:
- Christian Darrisaw, Offensive Tackle, Virginia Tech
- Mac Jones, Quarterback, Alabama
- Micah Parsons, Linebacker, Penn St.
- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Linebacker, Notre Dame
- Jamin Davis, Linebacker, Kentucky
- Trey Lance, Quarterback, North Dakota St.
- Patrick Surtain, Cornerback, Alabama
- Teven Jenkins, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma St.
- Rashod Bateman, Wide Receiver, Minnesota