Washington Football Team Round 6 picks
The Washington Football Team added this sixth-round pick on day one of the draft.
Justin Hilliard, Linebacker, Ohio St. – 6-foot-1, 225 pounds
Yours truly will continue to ring the bell for this underrated and under-appreciated linebacker. Justin Hilliard could’ve attended many power five conference institutions and his impact would’ve been far greater than what we were able to see at Ohio State.
Why should the Washington Football Team take a risk on this Buckeye? He wasn’t a starter. He didn’t see a lot of playing time. Hilliard is an unknown – or is he?
When you talk about hidden gems late in the draft, Justin Hilliard is the consummate golden nugget that is worth far more than where most analysts currently rate him. He was part of a rotation that featured stud linebackers Baron Browning and Pete Werner.
Being buried on that depth chart obviously hurt his draft status, but Washington could score a major steal on the third day of the draft.
Note: We’ll list sixth and seventh-round possibilities here for logistical purposes.
Other Possible Sixth and Seventh Round Targets:
- Tony Poljan, Tight End, Virginia
- Warren Jackson, Wide Receiver, Colorado St.
- Alaric Jackson, Offensive Tackle/Guard, Iowa
- Cade Mays, Offensive Tackle/Guard, Tennessee
- Cary Angeline, Tight End, North Carolina St.
- Royce Newman, Offensive Tackle, Mississippi
- Pro Wells, Tight End, Texas Christian
- Gerrid Doaks, Running Back, Cincinnati