The Washington Redskins are getting ready for the 2018 NFL Draft. Here’s a look at some scenarios for how the first round might play out.
The Washington Redskins are looking to find an impact player in the opening round of the 2018 NFL Draft. But right now, the first 12 picks are very hard to predict. The team has to be focusing on figuring out different scenarios they may face, and in this piece, we are going to look at a few different options for the team.
For the purposes of this article, the first seven picks in this draft will be the following players.
1. Cleveland Browns: RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
2. Denver Broncos (via NYG): QB Sam Darnold, USC
3. New York Jets: QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
4. Cleveland Browns: QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. New York Giants (via DEN): G Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
6. Indianapolis Colts: DE Bradley Chubb, NC State
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
It’s possible that there could be some variety in there, those seven seem likely to be off the board by the time the Redskins are picking. So, with that said, it’s time to explore a few different players the Redskins could target, and what the draft will need to look like for the team to get certain first round prospects.