Instant reactions to the Commanders thrilling win over the Packers
2 of 2
- Benjamin St-Juste has quickly turned into Washington’s best corner. He can be a little bit grabby at times, but he is sticky in coverage, and generally plays with good eye discipline.
- Jamin Davis is also quietly beginning to improve too. He plays with more discipline against the run, is solid in coverage, and Washington is finally starting to see that 4.4 speed come to fruition on the field with two tackles for loss.
- The front four wasn’t as disruptive as they typically are rushing the passer, but they helped hold the Packers running game to 3.2 yards per carrying. The Packers also were heavy-handed in their quick passing game, as the front four clearly dictated the game plan.
- Rachad Wildgoose has been solid for Washington since being inserted into the lineup at nickel. He had two pass deflections on the day, and consistently had good coverage from the slot.
- Kam Curl is quickly becoming one of Washington’s best players on defense. He is sticky in coverage and has a keen ability to fight through traffic.
- On the Packers’ touchdown drive to cut the lead to 23-21, the Commanders had three killer penalties that helped the Packers move the ball down the field.
Overall, the Commanders thoroughly dominated the Packers today. They out-gained Green Bay by over 100 yards, won in the trenches, and played more disciplined. The better team won. The Commanders find themselves back in the thick of the playoff hunt. The ceiling of this team may not be high but Ron Rivera is proving again that he is at his best when his back is against the wall.