Grades, Game Balls, Prediction
Washington Football Team Grades vs. Falcons
This is certainly a much better situation than last week. Any victory should be celebrated, but the grades tend to be a bit more critical and we’ll be honest but brief in our assessment of the Falcons game. The grades are a bit one sided as you will see.
- Quarterbacks – Taylor Heinicke continues to bring a dynamic to the quarterback position that hasn’t been seen in years. Grade: B+
- Running Backs – The efforts from this unit was instrumental in winning the game. Grade: A
- Tight Ends – It’s tough to lose a starter to an injury, but the depth could’ve been better. Grade: C+
- Wide Receivers – This unit was as good as the running backs on Sunday. Grade: A
- Offensive Line – This unit was as good as the running backs and receivers on Sunday. Grade: A
- Defensive Line – There is still major room for improvement, but this group was a bit better than last week. Grade: C-
- Linebackers – We saw some improvement from last week. Let’s hope the progress continues. Grade: C-
- Cornerbacks The corners had some issues, especially tackling, but they had a somewhat better game this week. Grade: D+
- Safeties – Free safety play was better than last week and this unit overall was decent. Grade: C
- Special Teams – Dustin Hopkins must be on thin ice at this time. He needs to do his job. Grade: C+
- Coaches – The Washington Football Team was in a close battle to the end, but they didn’t quit and won a key conference game on the road. Grade: B-
Awarding Game Balls vs. Falcons
All of the game balls this week are going to players on the offense. We’ll see if any players on defense are awarded game balls sometime soon.
- Taylor Heinicke – It wasn’t perfect, but it was more than good enough. Heinicke continues to be a shining light for this offense and the kid from ODU is awarded our first team ball.
- J.D. McKissic – He may not see the field as much as some players, but when he is in the game, McKissic is money. J.D. is awarded our second game ball.
- Terry McLaurin – The Washington Football Team is very fortunate to have Scary Terry on their roster. For his superb efforts against the Falcons, he is awarded our third team ball.
- Ereck Flowers – Many analysts believe Flowers is the best offensive lineman through the first four games of the season and the evidence is overwhelming. He is awarded our fourth game ball.
Prediction vs. Saints
The Saints are a difficult team to analyze. They have huge victories over the Patriots and the Packers, but losses to the Panthers and the struggling Giants. Which team will show up on Sunday? They either win big or lose big. It’s a mystery, but Washington has a good chance of winning this game.
The Washington Football Team scores early and often. New Orleans mounts a brief rally in the third quarter, but it is not enough as the Burgundy and Gold are able to keep their conference record perfect.
Washington 38 Saints 17
The Washington Football Team is a mixed bag of success thus far in 2021 and the first quarter of the season hasn’t been a disaster or a juggernaut. There are positives to build on and negatives to correct. Can the no-name team win for the second straight week this coming Sunday?
Washington returns to FedEx Field for the next two weeks and while there is no place like home, neither game is going to be easy. Fans need to show up in huge numbers and give the team a positive jolt on Sunday. We’ll return next week with more positives or negatives.