How the Redskins get Minkah Fitzpatrick
As it stands, it seems like the Redskins would take Minkah Fitzpatrick with their first round pick if he’s available. Right now, it’s looking tough for that to be a reality for them.
There are a lot of teams in the top 10 who have interest in Fitzpatrick. Notably, the San Francisco 49ers have been tied to Fitzpatrick, and they could consider taking him with the No. 9 pick. If he doesn’t go there, the Raiders and the Dolphins would also consider the Alabama product. So, it would take a bit for Fitzpatrick to fall.
That said, it’s not out of the question. The 49ers are interested in linebackers at the No. 9 spot, and in the event that the Bears trade out of the No. 8 spot, the team will have a chance to pick either Tremaine Edmunds or Roquan Smith. Whichever of the two the 49ers don’t take will likely go to the Dolphins. Then, the Raiders would just have to avoid taking Fitzpatrick for him to get to the pick.
More from Commanders Draft News
- What will Emmanuel Forbes bring to the Washington Commanders?
- Highlighting the best Commanders 2023 NFL Draft betting props
- 3 late Commanders rumors drawing buzz ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft
- 4 bold predictions for the Commanders 2023 NFL Draft
- Bet365 VA Bonus Code – Claim $200 Guaranteed With Sign-Up Bonus
Here’s a sample of how picks 8-13 would look in this scenario.
8. Cardinals (trade with Bears): QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
9. San Francisco 49ers: LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
10. Oakland Raiders: S Derwin James, Florida State
11. Miami Dolphins: LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
12. Buffalo Bills: QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
13. Washington Redskins: DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
It’s possible that this scenario could unfold, and if it does, Fitzpatrick could be in a Redskins uniform. So, that would make sense for the squad.