Washington Football Team Round 5 picks
Shaun Wade, Cornerback, Ohio St. – 6-foot-1, 195 pounds
When you draft Shaun Wade in the fifth round, you are not purchasing his negatives. You are putting a down payment on his positives and there are plenty to talk about. He is not an outside cornerback and will likely never have to worry about it anyway. Wade is a good slot corner and he can play close to the line as a free safety in a pinch. He can be a very physical strong safety as well.
Also, you are putting a down payment on his special teams abilities and skills. You are making a long-term investment in a player who will provide needed depth. He is a physical player and is able to make a bone-crunching hit on opposing players at any moment.
Wade is probably a bit underrated, but don’t put him on the outside against elite receivers. That is not his position to play at the next level. The Washington Football Team would be getting a solid player who is limited, but does what is expected of him.
Other Possible Fifth Round Targets:
- Tamorrion Terry, Wide Receiver, Florida St.
- Charles Snowden, Outside Linebacker, Virginia
- Dan Moore, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M
- Ian Book, Quarterback, Notre Dame
- Frank Darby, Wide Receiver, Arizona St.
- Sadarius Hutcherson, Offensive Guard, South Carolina
- Joshua Kaindoh, Outside Linebacker/Defensive End, Florida St.
- Tre McKitty, Tight End, Georgia