Washington Football Team: Week 3 reality checks, predictions vs. Browns
By Tim Payne
3. The Reality Is, Cleveland has a much better running game than Philly or Arizona.
Washington has bottled up the running backs in their first two games, but Kyler Murray ran all over them last week. Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are a pretty formidable running back “committee”, and have carried the Browns to the sixth-best running game production so far this season.
If Washington is too keyed in on slowing down Cleveland’s passing attack, they could easily get burnt on the ground.
My Prediction: Daron Payne, Matt Ioannidis, Jon Allen, Kevin Pierre-Louis, and Jon Bostic aren’t going to let Chubb and Hunt run free. Expect about 100 yards rushing from the Browns as a team.
More from Commanders News
- What will Emmanuel Forbes bring to the Washington Commanders?
- Highlighting the best Commanders 2023 NFL Draft betting props
- 3 late Commanders rumors drawing buzz ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft
- 4 bold predictions for the Commanders 2023 NFL Draft
- Commanders News: Chase Young trade, draft day, CB riser and Sam Howell
4. The Reality Is, Washington can’t afford to lose the turnover battle.
Week 1, Washington won the turnover battle en route to a big comeback win over Philly. Week 2, Washington had two killer turnovers early that put them in a big deficit from which they couldn’t recover.
This team is not talented enough or experienced enough to overcome those types of mistakes. They will need to be sure to hold onto the ball on offense and special teams to have any chance of beating the more talented team in Cleveland on Sunday.
My Prediction: Each team generates one turnover this week, and turnovers don’t end up telling the story of this game.