Redskins vs. Browns - 1st Half analysis:
- Zack Hocker starts off the game with the touchback on the initial kickoff.
- Ryan Kerrigan starts the defense off great with the sack on Brian Hoyer.
- Great read by RGIII on the second down pass to DeSean Jackson. Stood in the pocket and went through his progressions.
- The Redskins are getting good pressure on Hoyer so far.
- Joe Haden is having some trouble with Jackson out there with the holding penalty.
- RGIII can’t afford to take hits like that anymore.
- The Redskins running game starting slow in this game. Can’t get Morris going.
- Bad pass by RGIII. Looked like he threw off his back foot. Joe Haden strikes back.
- Kerrigan is getting done. Great pass rush on the sack of Manziel.
- Robert Griffin III is limping. Something to keep an eye on.
- RGIII getting called twice on that head bob false start.
- Griffin with the deep pass to Roberts. Great air under it.
The Redskins offense has looked really good at times and just ok at others. The defense looks great. Ryan Kerrigan with a huge first quarter. 0-0 all even. after one.
- The Cleveland defensive front is giving the Redskins O-line problems. Especially on the interior.
- Great effort by Morris to get the ball across the goal line. Oooops not so fast.
- On the replay they say Morris’ knee was down so the touchdown didn’t count. Still 0-0.
- The Browns are driving but Redskins penalties are keeping their drive alive.
- Unsportsmanike conduct on the Redskins bench. Looked like Haslett arguing a defensive holding call.
- The Redskins defense is playing well other than the penalties.
- Both team are getting killed on defensive holding calls.
- Andre Roberts is making his presence felt in this game.
- Two picks for the Redskins so far in first half. And a fumble. Not good.
- Redskins defense holds the Browns to a field goal off the interception. 3-0 Browns.
- Ryan Grant with the nice catch on second down.
- Nice punt by Robert Malone. Looks like he may have the punting job won.
- Great hit by Bacarri Rambo. He’s tackling well so far this preseason.
- Cousins seems to be struggling some.
- Poor effort by Tom Compton on that sack.
- Big play by Santana Moss on the third and long.
- Good hard running by Evan Royster on the touchdown. He needed that. Redskins 7-3
The Redskins are letting turnovers an penalties kill them in this game. Otherwise they look good, especially defensively. The offense has moved the ball but it’s been sporadic. The Browns are tough on defense as well, although the Redskins should had some points on the board. And they close out the half with an Evan Royster touchdown and the Redskins lead. 7-3 Redskins.