The Redskins will Win the NFC East - Buy or Sell?
Will the Washington Redskins win the NFC East this season? Here are some reasons to Buy or Sell on that question.
Reasons to Buy:
- The Redskins have a lot more depth across the board this season especially at wide receiver and offensive line.
- The Dallas Cowboys lost their top pass rusher from last season in Jason Hatcher to the Redskins. DeMarcus Ware is also no longer a Cowboy and there are questions as to where the Cowboys pass rush will come from.
- Quarterback Robert Griffin III has had a healthy offseason to practice and work on his game.
- The Philadelphia Eagles cut their top wide receiver from last season in Desean Jackson and he was signed by the Redskins.
- The New York Giants are installing a new offense and lost their best pass rusher in Justin Tuck in free agency.
- The NFC East is not the strongest of divisions. So the Redskins have a good shot to win it.
Reasons to Sell:
- The Redskins have more talent on offense, but it may take time for players to acclimate to Jay Gruden’s new offense.
- The Cowboys offensive line is improved and it may be the best in the division. Giving them a good running game and good protection for quarterback Tony Romo.
- Jay Gruden is a rookie head coach and he may experience some growing pains as he learns the NFC East.
- The Giants are installing the Green Bay Packers offense. So Eli Manning may rebound from his mediocre season last year.
- The Eagles won the NFC East last season and their quarterback Nick Foles emerged as a pro bowl selection. Also their running back LeSean McCoy may be the best player in the division.
The Eagles won the division last season with a 10-6 record. So 10-6 may get it done again this season as the Redskins won the NFC East with a 10-6 record in 2012. I projected the Redskins to have a winning season this year at 9-7. So one more win than that and they may be able to do it. But I’m not sold that they can win the NFC East this year. What do you think? Buy or Sell, will the Redskins win the NFC East?