The Final 53: Redskins wide receiver Projection – 2014
Which Washington Redskins wide receivers will make the team this year?
Projected Number – 6
- Pierre Garcon – Age: 27, 6-0, 216 – The Redskins leading receiver last season, Pierre Garcon has emerged as on of the top wide receivers in the league. He’s one of the best in the game at getting yards after the catch. Garcon is the perfect complement to Desean Jackson as his strength is a tremendous offset to Jackson’s speed.
- DeSean Jackson – Age: 27, 5-10, 178 – DeSean Jackson was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles in the offseason and the Redskins moved aggressively to sign him as a free agent. Jackson is one of the premiere deep threat receivers in the game and his speed is an explosive play making ability gives the Redskins something they haven’t had in a while.
- Andre Roberts – Age: 27, 5-11, 187 – Andre Roberts was originally signed to be the Redskins number two receiver but the signing of DeSean Jackson altered that plan. So now Roberts gives the Redskins a very good third receiver who can function well out of the slot and he will also be a primary kick and punt returner on special teams.
- Santana Moss - Age: 35, 5-10, 193 – Santana Moss is entering his fourteenth season in the NFL and gives the Redskins a good veteran presence and a receiver who can play multiple positions. Moss is also capable of returning kicks and punts.
- Ryan Grant - Age: 23, 6-0, 193 – The rookie has been impressive so far and one of the surprises in training camp. Displaying great hands and route running ability beyond his experience. Ryan Grant brings youth and quality depth to the Redskins receiving unit.
- Aldrick Robinson - Age: 25, 5-10, 184 – Robinson has always had the speed but now he’s also shown improvement this season in his route running and catching ability. And he adds quality depth to the receiving unit.
Practice Squad candidates:
- Rashad Ross – 6-0, 181 – An undrafted free agent.
- Cody Hoffman - 6-4, 210 – An undrafted free agent.