Redskins vs. Patriots - 1st Half analysis:
- It’s nice to see rookie kicker Zach Hocker get a touchback on the kickoff. Something the Redskins lacked last season.
- Trent Murphy was standing up rushing from the defensive tackle spot on third down. He got a good push too.
- With Andre Roberts returning punts the Redskins have a nice threat back there.
- RGIII seems a little jittery in the pocket. But he is checking down to the running backs which is good.
- Alfred Morris looks in mid-season form. The offensive line looks good in run blocking too.
- The Redskins D-line is getting a very good push up front. Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan are looking good off the edge.
- Bad pass into double coverage by Kirk Cousins almost intercepted.
- The Redskins running backs are looking good so far Morris and Helu.
- And Darrel Young the Fullback with the nice catch and run.
- Morgan Moses the rookie tackle holding when he didn’t really have to.
- Kirk Cousins looked good with the Touchdown pass to Aldrick Robinson.
Robert Griffin III only played one drive but led the Redskins to a field goal to take a 3-0 lead. He didn’t do a whole lot but it was enough to get a score on the board. Then the Redskins got the ball back and Kirk Cousins threw a touchdown pass to Aldrick Robinson. 10-0 Redskins after one.
- Aldrick Robinson came to play tonight. He’s showing off his speed and much better route running.
- The Redskins second unit O-line is looking good. Morgan Moses looks like he’s settled down and Spencer Long is looking good too.
- A bad field goal attempt by Kai Forbath. 46 yards is within his range, but he just didn’t get enough on it.
- Nice penetration by Trent Murphy after a play of poor pass coverage.
- I like what I’m seeing from Bashaud Breeland. He’s very active in coverage and isn’t afraid to hit somebody.
- Ryan Grant really does look good. Moves well and catches with all hands.
- Zach Hocker looks good kicking the ball so far. As Kai Forbath had a short kickoff.
- The Redskins reserves are getting a good pass rush on Ryan Mallett. Frank Kearse looking good.
The Redskins look like the team who came to play so far tonight. The Patriots look a bit sluggish. The Redskins just look sharper. But it’s only preseason so nothing definitive can be taken away at this point. Still another half to go though. 13-0 Redskins.