The Redskins will make the Playoffs – Buy or Sell? Will the Washington Redskins make it to the playoffs this season? Here are some reasons to Buy or Sell on that question.
Reasons to Buy:
- The Redskins added a much-needed deep threat to the passing game in Desean Jackson.
- The Redskins added more pass rushers to the defense in Jason Hatcher and Trent Murphy.
- Quarterback Robert Griffin III has had a healthy offseason to practice and work on his game.
- The Redskins have a new head coach in Jay Gruden with a new philosophy.
- The Redskins play in the NFC East which is not the strongest of divisions.
Reasons to Sell:
- The Redskins have more talent on offense, but it may take time for players to acclimate to a new offense.
- The Redskins still have some uncertainties at safety.
- Jay Gruden is a rookie head coach and he may experience some growing pains.
- The Redskins have to play the NFC West on their schedule this season, the strongest division in football.
I have projected the Redskins to win 9 games this season, and if they can do that, it doesn’t guarantee that they will be a playoff team. And even thought the NFC East isn’t the strongest division in the NFL, it will probably take more than 9 wins victories to win the division. So as much as I want to see the Redskins make it to the playoffs, I’m not certain it will happen this season.
Four of the six NFC playoff teams will probably be as follows: Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, and the Green Bay Packers. And then there’s the Chicago Bears Carolina Panthers, and Arizona Cardinals in the mix too. So the Redskins will more than likely need to win the NFC East to make it to the Playoffs. But can they do it? What do you think?
The Redskins will make the Playoffs – Buy or Sell?