Redskins vs. Giants – 1st Half analysis. The Redskins haven’t been able to get much going on offense, and the Giants have some key injuries including Eli Manning. But the Giants lead the Redskins 10-6.
- Nice return to open the game by wide receiver Nick Williams. Hopefully there will be more of that to come.
- It’s good to see Alfred Morris getting more involved in the Redskins passing game, with two early catches from Kirk Cousins
- Defensive struggle so far between both teams.
- Neither team has been able establish a rushing attack, as both running backs, Alfred Morris and Andre Brown have been kept in check.
- The weather really seems to be bothering Kirk Cousins. Maybe the rain is making the ball too slick for him to grip properly, as he hasn’t seemed to be able to get much on his throws.
- Redskins nose tackle Chris Nield made a nice tackle, getting penetration into the backfield.
- I see the Redskins are running some zone blitzing today. Where’s that been all season?
- The game is tied at the end of the first quarter 0-0.
- Jerrel Jernigan is playing well for the Giants. He’s stepped in nicely for Victor Cruz in the slot.
- Looks like Eli Manning is starting to get a handle on the Redskins blitzing tendencies, as he’s finding the open man now.
- The Redskins haven’t sacked Manning, but their pass rush has appeared to bother him some.
- The Giants really seem like they’re just mailing it in. They seem very disinterested, especially on offense, as they haven’t been able to get much of anything going.
- A fumble by Andre Brown. Turnovers have been the biggest problem for the Giants all season. Cut those in half and they might have been in contention for the NFC East title.
- Peyton Hillis has helped to get the Giants running game going, and Jerrel Jernigan continues to cause the Redskins problems, as Manning hits him with a TD pass.
- Hakeem Nicks size is hurting DeAngelo Hall. But rookie David Amerson is playing well on the other side.
- The Giants lead at halftime 10-6.
It looks like another regression for Kirk Cousins in the passing game for the Redskins. I wonder if Mike Shanahan still thinks the Redskins can get a first round pick for Cousins? Cousins is clearly having trouble with the weather in MetLife Stadium.