Cowboys vs. Redskins. This is a position by position comparison between the Washington Redskins and the Dallas Cowboys leading up to their Week 16 contest.
1. Quarterback Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - Kirk Cousins the has potential to be good, but Tony Romo for right now has the advantage at quarterback.
2. Running back Comparison: Advantage Redskins - The Cowboys DeMarco Murray is coming on strong, but the Redskins Alfred Morris give the Redskins the edge at running back.
3. Receiver Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - The Redskins Pierre Garcon is having a great season, but the Cowboys Dez Bryant is the better receiver.
4. Tight End Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has slowed down some for the Cowboys from previous seasons, but without Jordan Reed for the Redskins means the Cowboys have the advantage here.
5. Offensive line Comparison: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins O-line led by left tackle Trent Williams may not be the among the best lines in the league, but they are a much better unit than the Cowboys.
6. Defensive line Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - With DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher the Cowboys have more active and athletic defensive linemen than the Redskins do. Cowboys vs. Redskins.
7. Linebacker Comparison: Advantage Redskins - With Brian Orakpo having a dominant end to the season for the Redskins, they have the advantage at linebacker for the Redskins. Especially with Sean Lee out injured for the Cowboys.
8. Cornerback Comparison: Advantage Redskins - Brandon Carr is having a good season for the Cowboys, but with the Redskins rookie corner David Amerson coming on strong, they have the advantage.
9. Safety Comparison: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins aren’t very good at safety, but Reed Doughty has been solid as lately as has Brandon Meriweather. so they get the edge over the Cowboys safeties.
10. Kicker Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - The Cowboys Dan Bailey has had a much better season than the Redskins Kai Forbath.
11. Punter Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - The Cowboys Chris Jones is having a much better season than the Redskins Sav Rocca. Redskins vs. Falcons.
12. Coach Comparison: Advantage Cowboys - The Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett is on the hot seat, but he has a much better winning percentage over the Redskins Mike Shanahan over the last three seasons. Plus Shanahan’s seat is even hotter.
The Cowboys have the advantage in 7 out of 12 positional categories. However, the Redskins enjoy the home field advantage. And that may play a big factor in determining the winner of this game.