Redskins vs. Falcons. This is a tale of the tape style, statistical comparison between the Washington Redskins and the Atlanta Falcons leading up their Week 15 contest. We also examine which has the advantage in key categories over the other.
1. Season Record: Advantage even - The Redskins and Falcons are both 3-10 for the season.
2. Division Record: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins are 1-4 in Division, and the Falcons are only 0-4. Redskins vs. Falcons.
3. Home Record: Advantage even - The Redskins and Falcons both have 2 wins at home this season.
4. Road Record: Advantage even - The Redskins and Falcons both have 1 win on the road this season.
5. Total Offense: Advantage Redskins – The Redskins average 376 yards per game compared to 349 for the Falcons.
6. Passing Offense: Advantage Falcons – The Falcons average 267 yards per game compared to 232 for the Redskins.
7. Rushing Offense: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins average 143 yard per game compared to 81 for the Falcons.
8. Receiving Offense: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins average 11.6 yards a catch compared to 10.6 for the Falcons.
9. Total Defense: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins allow 372 yards per game compared to 379 for the Falcons.
10. Passing Defense: Advantage Falcons - The Falcons allow 245 yards per game compared to 256 for the Redskins.
11. Rushing Defense: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins allow 115 yards per game compared to 133 for the Falcons.
12. Turnover Differential: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins are -3 in turnover differential compared to -11 for the Falcons.
The Redskins lead the Falcons in twelve statistical categories 7-2. The teams are even three categories. The Redskins have the advantage on offense, and on defense. The Falcons turnover differential of -11 seems to be one of the main reasons they are losing this season. But games lost to injuries is more than likely the main reason.
The Falcons haven’t been very good at home this season, and the Redskins haven’t been good on the road, so neither team really has an advantage there this season. Although typically the Falcons have been very good at home with Matt Ryan starting at QB.