What NFL players are in the race for league MVP? Here are the Riggo’s Rag - NFL MVP Power Rankings – Week 14.
Bubbling Under 6-10
10. Robert Mathis, OLB (Indianapolis Colts) – (8-5) LW # 9
9. Richard Sherman, CB (Seattle Seahawks) – (11-2) LW # 7
8. Jamaal Charles, RB (Kansas City Chiefs) – (10-3) LW # 10
7. Cam Newton, QB (Carolina Panthers) – (9-4) LW # 6
6. LeSean McCoy, RB (Philadelphia Eagles) – (8-5) Had 217 yards rushing and 2TD’s against the Lions. LW # 8
NFL MVP – The Top 5
5. Calvin Johnson, WR (Detroit Lions) – (7-6) Calvin Johnson was held to only three catches for 52 yards and no touchdowns in a loss to the Eagles. However, he’s still on pace for over 1,600 yards receiving, and is without a doubt the number wide receiver in the NFL. LW # 4
3. Drew Brees, QB (New Orleans Saints) – (10-3) Brees bounced back from a bad performance against the Seahawks in week 13 to have a great performance against the Panthers with over 300 yards and 4 TD passes. But Brees is on pace for his third straight 5,000 yard passing season, and he has the Saints back in contention for a championship. LW # 3
2. Russell Wilson, QB (Seattle Seahawks) – (11-2) Wilson didn’t have a bad game in the Seahawks loss to the 49ers with 199 yards passing and 1 a TD, but the Seahawks still lost. Wilson has become one of the most consistent quarterbacks in the NFL. It’s not about stats with him, it’s about winning. LW # 2
1. Peyton Manning, QB - (Denver Broncos) – (11-2) Manning passed for 397 yards and 4 TD’s in a 51-28 win over the Titans. He is no longer on pace to pass for 6,000 yards, but 5,500 is still a big number. More importantly, the Broncos have one of the best records on the NFL. LW # 1
The Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo would be the closest thing they have to an MVP candidate right now, but he needs the team to pile up a lot more sacks to get in the conversation. Orakpo has 8.5 sacks on the season.