What NFL players are in the race for league MVP? Here are the Riggo’s Rag – NFL MVP Power Rankings – Week 13.
Bubbling Under 6-10
10. Jamaal Charles, RB (Kansas City Chiefs) – (9-3) LW # unranked
9. Robert Mathis, OLB (Indianapolis Colts) – (8-4) LW # unranked
8. LeSean McCoy, RB (Philadelphia Eagles) – (7-5) LW # 8
7. Richard Sherman, CB (Seattle Seahawks) – (11-1) LW # 7
6. Cam Newton, QB (Carolina Panthers) – (9-3) LW # 6
NFL MVP – The Top 5
5. Tom Brady, QB (New England Patriots) – (9-3) Brady had a nother big game as he led the Patriots to a win on the road over the Houston Texans. Brady had 371 yards passing and 2 TD’s.. LW # 5
4. Calvin Johnson, WR (Detroit Lions) – (7-5) Calvin Johnson had another big game against the Packers with 101 yards receiving on 6 catches, and a touchdown. The Lions defeated the Packer 40-10 on Thanksgiving. He is without a doubt the number wide receiver in the NFL. LW # 4
3. Drew Brees, QB (New Orleans Saints) – (9-3) Brees may have had his worst game of the season against the Seahawks as the Saints lost on the road. But Brees is on pace for his third straight 5,000 yard passing season, and he has the Saints back in contention for a championship. LW # 2
2. Russell Wilson, QB (Seattle Seahawks) – (11-1) Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks got a big win over the New Orleans Saints, and he moves up to number 2. He has become one of the most consistent quarterbacks in the NFL. It’s not about stats with him, it’s about winning. LW # 3
1. Peyton Manning, QB – (Denver Broncos) – (10-2) Manning and the Broncos got a huge win over the Kansas City Chiefs on the road. He is no longer on pace to pass for 6,000 yards, but 5,500 is still a big number. More importantly, the Broncos have one of the best records on the NFL. LW # 1
The Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo would be the closest thing they have to an MVP candidate right now, but he needs the team to pile up a lot more sacks to get in the conversation. Orakpo has 8.5 sacks on the season.