Giants vs. Redskins. This is a tale of the tape style, statistical comparison between the Washington Redskins and the New York Giants leading up their Week 13 contest. We also examine which has the advantage in key categories over the other.
1. Home/Road Record: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins are 2-3 at home, and the Giants are only 1-4 on the road.
2. Division Record: Advantage Giants - The Giants are 1-3 in Division, and the Redskins are only 0-3. Giants vs. Redskins.
2. Total Offense: Advantage Redskins – The Redskins average 391 yards per game compared to 323 for the Giants.
3. Passing Offense: Advantage Redskins – The Redskins average 240 yards per game compared to 235 for the Giants.
4. Rushing Offense: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins average 151 yard per game compared to 88 for the Giants.
5. Receiving Offense: Advantage Giants - The Giants average 12.3 yards a catch compared to 11.9 for the Redskins.
6. Total Defense: Advantage Giants - The Giants allow 333 yards per game compared to 382 for the Redskins.
7. Passing Defense: Advantage Giants - The Giants allow 235 yards per game compared to 270 for the Redskins.
8. Rushing Defense: Advantage Giants - The Giants allow 98 yards per game compared to 112 for the Redskins.
9. Turnover Differential: Advantage Redskins - The Redskins are - 2 in turnover differential compared to -11 for the Giants. Easy to see the main reason the Giants have lost games. Turnovers.
The Giants and Redskins are tied in ten statistical categories 5-5. The Redskins have a huge advantage on offense, but the Giants have the advantage defensively. The Giants turnover differential of -11 seems to be the main reason they are losing this season. Put that stat on the plus side, and the Giants might be a winning team.
Eli Manning’s 17 interceptions on the season is second in the NFL. If the Redskins can get a couple of picks on Manning then their chances of winning increase greatly. Both teams have only 28 sacks defensively. Which ever team can produce the best pass rush may end up winning the game.