49ers vs. Redskins - 1st Half analysis. The 49ers lead 10-6 at halftime. Both QB’s have struggled but had their moments too. But so far it’s a game being won by the defenses.
- The Redskins are coming out trying to get the passing game going early But Robert Griffin III starts out 0-2.
- The Redskins defense is looking good so far, but then again the 49ers aren’t that good offensively.
- The 49ers Ahmad Brooks is looking dominant. Tyler Polumbus is having a hard time keeping him out of the backfield. The Redskins may need to double team Brooks
- Anquan Boldin is looking good. He may be too physical for Josh Wilson to cover him.
- The 49ers front 7 is light years ahead of the Redskins on defense.
- A bad pass by RGIII that time, and he takes a huge hit from Aldon Smith to make things worse.
- Josh Wilson gets beat again. This time by Vernon Davis deep. Not good when a TE is faster than a cornerback.
- Nice hold by the Redskins holding the 49ers to a field goal.
- The Redskins are getting their running game going.
- The 49ers D-line is small, so the Offensive line should have some success run blocking.
- The Redskins show the Turbo offense for the first time in a while and it’s working.
- Griffin took a hard hit by Justin Smith on that scramble. He’s lucky he was injured and the team didn’t lose that fumble.
The Redskins defense has looked good, but the 49ers aren’t an offensive juggernaut. So they will need to be focused on not allowing Kaepernick to get going like he did for that stretch going into the second quarter.