Redskins vs. Vikings. Here are Five Philadelphia Eagles players to keep an eye on during the Sunday contest with the Washington Redskins.
5. Lane Johnson, RT - The rookie has started to play better the last few weeks, but on the season he has given up 7 sacks, and leads the team in QB Hurries allowed with 29. So this is an area the Redskins should attack and try to take advantage of in the pass rush.
4. Fletcher Cox, DE – Cox is the Eagles best defensive linemen, and is second on the team in sacks with three on the season. And while that number isn’t overwhelming, Cox also leads the Eagles in QB hurries with 32. And judging by how the Redskins interior offensive line ahs struggled lately, a player like Cox could end up having a huge day if the struggles continue.
3. Riley Cooper, WR – Riley Cooper has emerged from his early season racism controversy to become a valuable commodity on offense for the Eagles. The last two games Cooper has caught 5 TD passes and amassed 241 yards receiving for a 30 yard per catch average.
2. LeSean McCoy, RB – McCoy ran circles around the Redskins defense in week 1, for 184 yards and a 6 yard per carry average. McCoy leads the league in rushing, and the Redskins can ill afford for McCoy to have a repeat performance against them on Sunday.
1. Nick Foles, QB – Foles has played very well the past few games, with 10 TD passes. Unlike last season against the Redskins, Foles has looked good in the pocket and has played with poise. The Redskins will need to pressure him in order to force Foles into mistakes.