What NFL players are in the race for league MVP? Here are the Riggo’s Rag – NFL MVP Power Rankings – Week 10.
10. Marshawn Lynch, RB (Seattle Seahawks)
9. Robert Mathis, OLB (Indianapolis Colts)
8. Andrew Luck, QB (Indianapolis Colts)
7. Calvin Johnson, WR (Detroit Lions)
6. Tom Brady, QB (New England Patriots)
The Top 5
5. Justin Houston, OLB (Kansas City Chiefs) – (9-0) Houston is having a break out season and has helped lead the Chiefs to a 9-0 record. He has 11 sacks on the season, and the Chiefs defense leads the league in points allowed with 12.3 points a game. LW #
4. Richard Sherman, CB (Seattle Seahawks) – (9-1) Sherman has become the best shut down corner in the NFL. And yes he talks a lot, but he’s one of the few players in the league who can back it up. LW #
3. Russell Wilson, QB (Seattle Seahawks) – (9-1) Wilson has become one of the most consistent quarterbacks in the NFL. It’s not about stats with him, it’s about winning. LW #
2. Drew Brees, QB (New Orleans Saints) – (7-2) Brees is on pace for his third straight 5,000 yard passing season, and he has the Saints back in contention for a championship. LW #
1. Peyton Manning, QB – (Denver Broncos) – (8-1) Manning is on pace for nearly 6,000 yards passing and 60 TD’s. More importantly, the Broncos have one of the best records on the NFL. LW #
The Washington Redskins Alfred Morris would be the closest thing they have to an MVP candidate right now, but he needs the team to get hot in hurry. A win against the Philadelphia Eagles and big performance in Week 11 could help him break into the Rankings.