It’s Cowboys week for the Washington Redskins, and the rivalry remains one of the best in the NFL. And even though I don’t like these Cowboys as players, I respect each one of them. And if they weren’t so good, you wouldn’t have fun hating them in the first place.
Here are the 10 Dallas Cowboys I love to hate.
10. Dez Bryant, WR - The latest in the long line of cocky Cowboys receivers. Big, fast, brash, and good. Bryant wears number 88 and conjures memories of Michael Irvin. But Bryant’s cocky style is quickly making him a favorite to hate among Redskins fans.
9. Jay Novacek, TE - I didn’t really hate Jay Novacek, I just hated how it always seemed like he was open on every play.
8. Everson Walls, CB - Walls was one of those Cowboys that was so good, you just had to hate him. He probably should be in the Hall of Fame, but some reason he isn’t in there.
7. Bill Bates, S - Bill Bates did just about everything for the Cowboys. He always seemed to make the tackle on Special Teams, and he was a decent safety too. But what made you hate him was he had that cocky Cowboys mentality down pat.
6. Tony Romo, QB - You don’t hate Tony Romo because of how good he is, and he is good. No, you hate Tony Romo because you keep hearing about how good he’s supposed to be.
5. Emmit Smith, RB - For a running back who supposedly didn’t have great speed, I seem to remember Smith always breaking more long TD runs against the Skins than any other team. Emmit killed a lot of teams, but the Redskins especially.
4. Deion Sanders, CB - Primetime was such a great player for the Cowboys, but when he came to the Redskins he was no longer the shut down corner he was in Dallas.
3. Terrell Owens, WR - There always seems to be a brash Cowboys receiver doesn’t there? They just can’t be good, they have to tell the whole world how good they are too, and that’s T.O.
2. Jerry Jones, owner - Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones personifies Dallas doesn’t he? Sort of like a modern-day J.R. Ewing.
1. Michael Irvin, WR - The Playmaker was one of the most hated Redskins killers. He and Darrell Green would always battle one another tooth and nail, and it seemed like Irvin would win most of those battles. But did he always have to be so cocky doing it?
Who are some Cowboys past and present that you love to hate?