As Super Bowl Sunday is almost here, Redskins fans are once again at home crying at the fact that we failed to get there again. The fact that we haven’t seen a burgundy and gold Super Bowl in 20 years is even more devastating. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t have fun on Super Bowl Sunday. Here are five things that suffering Redskins fans can do to ease the pain a little bit:
1) Remind Giants fans who beat them twice this year: Most ‘Skins fans know recent history shows the Giants being a far more dominant team, even sweeping us last year. They come out every year and whoop our butts, no matter who is on the team. Not this year. If you see a Giant fan on Sunday, make sure they hear loud and clear that the Washington Redskins pummeled the Giants not once, but twice this season.
2) Look for Orakpo in Geico commercials: Here is something for Redskins fans to cheer for. Linebacker Brian Orakpo is known for his famous Geico commercials, and this could be our only chance to been nationally recognized during the game. All fans should be on the edge of their seats, waiting to see what our star linebacker will do to torment the caveman next.
3) Reminisce on good Redskins history: Although the ‘Skins suffered another losing season, that doesn’t mean we can’t look back on the good times! Remember when McNabb was quarterback? Wait that wasn’t good. What about the good ole’ years with Campbell and Brunell? Hmm, that didn’t go over to well either. Okay, maybe the recent past isn’t as impressive as we’d hoped, but at least we have the Nationals to make up for it!
4) Get “Fire Kyle” trending on Twitter: I don’t think I’m the only one who thinks that Kyle Shanahan should go at the end of season. I’m sure daddy Mike feels the same way, even though it would make out for an awkward Thanksgiving dinner. The only good thing Kyle has done this season is… Sorry I can’t think of anything. So let’s give the front office a hand in getting on Twitter and tweeting until Kyle is gone!
5) Order an RG3 and/or Manning Redskins jersey: It’s time for change Redskins Nation, and why not get a head start on Superbowl Sunday? We all know our brilliant owner (major sarcasm) will make sure one of these two elites end up in a Washington jersey. I know I’ll be ordering mine, and if I have enough cash I might buy one for Rex.
Some may do all, some may do none. With that being said, here’s to an awesome Superbowl Sunday! That means you too Sexy Rexy.