Let’s look at the Pros and Cons of this potentially happening.
- He is 6’4″, 350 lbs and can play 3-4 NT or end
- Rogers is a incredibly talented (and huge) individual when he is motivated and healthy
- Ma’ake Kemoeatu stunk last year, Rogers would provide an immediate upgrade
- He was a Pro-Bowler as recently as 2008, as a NT (3 Pro-Bowls overall)
- Last July, Rogers was commended for reporting a drunk driver
- He will be 32 March 12
- He’s not healthy (On IR for a broken leg in 2009, only started 1 game last year with nagging hip and ankle injuries)
- His production is waning. His first year in Cleveland he had 76 tackles and 4.5 sacks, in 2009 he had 36 tackles and 2 sacks in 11 games, and in 2010 he only had 17 tackles and 2 sacks. (In case you were wondering, Kemoeatu had 29 tackles and 0 sacks in 14 games for the Skins)
- He’s got off the field issues (2007 accusation of sexual assault and last spring was arrested for CARRYING A GUN INTO AN AIRPORT)
The lack of depth might force the issue and cause the Skins to pull the trigger on a deal. I say if we’re gonna let Moss go and really go young what’s the point? It sort of seems like he is Haynesworth’s part II and no one wants to deal with that again. Regardless of whether we sign him or not we are still going to need to bring in a younger NT for the future with an early pick so it seems like an unnecessary risk. I’m sick of seeing players on this team not earn their pay, and Rogers could easily fall into that category if he came to town.
If you weigh the pros and cons what do you think? Rogers as a Redskin in 2011, good or bad?