The Redskins have the monumental task of being a team which it has lost to four straight times over the last two season. The New York Giants are a deeper team with more talent, but they too have had their share of problems the last few weeks. In their last three games they have gone 1-2. Despite all that they are favored to beat the Redskins for a fifth time, and rightfully so. They are a better team right now. However, that doesn’t mean the Redskins cannot go to New Jersey and pull off a win.
For the Redskins, execution is key. On offense threes three things must happen in order for them to have success.
- This is plain and simple. If It means they rotate and change offensive lineman then go ahead and do it. I am a big fan of Will Montgomery and would like to see him have more time over Artis Hicks. I would much rather see him over Casey Rabach, but that is not likely. This Giants defensive front is no joke. They have already knocked out five quarterbacks. If we see Rex Grossman for any extended period of time. The Skins are cooked.
Get the running backs involved
- The Redskins piled up a dreadful 29 yards on the ground last week at home to the Vikings. That will not get them a win versus the Giants. Get Keiland Williams and James Davis active and do whatever it takes. Give them more screens and passes in the flat. The Giants have probably never seen or even heard of these guys. This could be their big day to break out. The screen killed the Giants versus the Cowboys. The draw killed them versus the Eagles. Give the backs a chance. Running them on 3rd and 23 doesn’t help.
Receivers must catch the ball
- No insight needed here
On defense, the Redskins must stay committed to the play and not second guess themselves.
Stay committed to defending the run or the pass
- The prime example was the closing drive by the Vikings in last Sunday’s game. If it was a run, they gave too much space. If it was a pass they were somehow playing as if it was a run. On Brett Favre’s 10-yard run to seal the game, the Redskins hesitated to engage Favre and simply let him go. Do not let these Giants go. Or else, curtains.
- When Adrian Peterson was in the game, tackling was atrocious. When Toby Gerhart was in the game, it was just as bad. Brandon Jacobs and Amad Bradshaw may be harder to bring down, but good tackling never fails. Even if you need backup.
Get to Eli
- If you blitz, bring the heat. Fluster him and make him timid. An on point Eli is dangerous. A confused Eli is beatable.
If the Redskins can maintain these keys they will win 19-16.
If they do not, they will lose. It is that easy.
Topics: #1 NFL Team, 2010 Draft, 2010 NFL Draft, 2010 NFL Power Rankings, 2010 NFL Rookies, 2010 NFL Standings, 2010-2011 NFL Season, 2011 NFL Draft, 2011 NFL Draft Order NFC North Team Needs- Chicago Bears, 2011 NFL Draft Order; 2011 NFL Mock Draft, 2011 NFL Draft Prospect Big Board, 2011 NFL Draft Scouting Reports, 2011 NFL Mock Draft, 2011 NFL Power Rankings, 2011 NFL Rookies, 2011 NFL Standings, Aaron Kampman, Aaron Williams, Adrian Clayborn, AJ Green, Akeem Ayers, Alabama, Allen Bailey, Andre Luck, Anthony Castonzo, Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Cardinals Draft Needs AFC North Team Needs- Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals Team Needs, Arkansas, Atlanta +Falcons, Atlanta Falcons Draft Needs NFC East Team Needs- Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons Team Needs, Auburn, Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Ravens Draft Needs, Baltimore Ravens Team Needs, Bears, Benn, Big Board, Boston College, Bradford, Brandon Jacobs, Brandon Marshall, Broncos, Bruce Carter, Bucs, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Bills Draft Needs AFC West Team Needs- Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills Team Needs, BYU, Cameron Heyward, Carolina Panthers, Carolina Panthers Draft Needs, Carolina Panthers Team Needs, CB, Charlie Whitehurst, Chicago Bears, Chicago Bears Draft Needs, Chicago Bears Team Needs, Christian Ponder, Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Bengals Draft Needs AFC South Team Needs- Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals Team Needs, Clemson, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Browns Draft Needs, Cleveland Browns Team Needs, Coach Carroll, Coach Gailey's, Coach Pete Carroll, Cody Grimm, Colordo, Colt McCoy, Curtis Brown, Da'Quan Bowers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Cowboys Draft Needs, Dallas Cowboys Team Needs, Danario Alexander, Daniel Thomas, Darceus, David Garrard, DE, DE/OLB, DeAndre McDaniel, DeMarco Murray, DeMarcus Love, Denver Broncos, Denver Broncos Draft Needs, Denver Broncos Team Needs, Derek Sherrod, Detroit Lions, Detroit Lions Draft Needs, Detroit Lions Team Needs, Deunta Williams, Dez Bryant, Draft Order, Drake Nevis, DT, Duenta Williams, Dwayne Bowe, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Evan Royster, Florida, Florida State, Gabe Carimi, Gabe Carmi, Georgia, Green, Green Bay Packers, Green Bay Packers Draft Needs, Green Bay Packers Team Needs, Greg Jones, Houston Texans, Houston Texans Draft Needs, Houston Texans Team Needs, Indianapolis Colts, Indianapolis Colts Draft Needs, Indianapolis Colts Team Needs, Indy Colts Big Board- 2011 NFL Draft, Iowa, Jacksonville Jaguars, Jacksonville Jaguars Draft Needs, Jacksonville Jaguars Team Needs, Jaguars, Jahvid Best, Jake Locker, Janoris Jenkins, Jared Crick, Jared Gaither, Jeremy Beal, Jim Kelly's, Joey Porter, John Abraham, Jonathan Baldwin, Jones, Joseph Barksdale, Julio Jones, Julio Jones Alabama, Justin Boren, Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Chiefs Draft Needs, Kansas City Chiefs Team Needs, Kansas State, Kyle Rudolph, LB, Lovie Smith, LSU, Malcolm Floyd, Marcel Darceus, Mark Herzlich, Mark Ingram, Marvin Austin, Matt Reynolds, Max Hall, Miami, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins Draft Needs, Miami Dolphins Team Needs, Michael Floyd, Michigan State, Mike Pouncey, Mike Williams, Minnesota Vikings, Minnesota Vikings Draft Needs NFC South Team Needs- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings Team Needs, Mississippi State, Mock, Mock Draft, Nate Allen, Nate Solder, Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, New England Patriots, New England Patriots Draft Needs, New England Patriots Team Needs, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Saints Draft Needs, New Orleans Saints Team Needs, New York Giants, New York Giants Draft Needs, New York Giants Team Needs, New York Jets, New York Jets Draft Needs, New York Jets Team Needs, NFL, NFL Draft, NFL Draft Big Board, NFL Power Rankings, NFL Power Rankings- Chicago Bears, NFL Rookie Rankings, NFL Rookie Watch, NFL Rookies, NFL Standings, Nick Fairly, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oakland Raiders, Oakland Raiders Draft Needs, Oakland Raiders Team Needs, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma Mock Drafts- 2011 NFL Draft, OLB, OT, Pat Angerer, Pat Williams, Patrick Peterson, Penn State, Peyton Manning, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Eagles Draft Needs, Philadelphia Eagles Team Needs, Pierre Thomas, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Steelers Draft Needs, Pittsburgh Steelers Team Needs, Prince Amukamara, Purdue, QB, Quinn, Rahim Moore, Raiders, Ras-I Dowling, RB, Reggie Bush, Robert Quinn, Rodney Hudson, Rookie Watch- Chicago Bears, Ryan Broles, Ryan Kerrigan, Ryan Mallett, Ryan Mathews, Ryan Williams, S, Sam Bradford, San Diego Chargers, San Diego Chargers Draft Needs, San Diego Chargers Team Needs, San Francisco 49ers, San Francisco 49ers Draft Needs, San Francisco 49ers Team Needs, Scouting Reports, Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Seahawks Draft Needs, Seattle Seahawks Team Needs, St. Louis Rams, St. Louis Rams Draft Needs, St. Louis Rams Team Needs, Stanford, Stefen Wisniewski, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft Needs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Needs, Tampa Bay Bucs, Tennessee Titans, Tennessee Titans Draft Needs AFC East Team Needs- New York Jets, Tennessee Titans Team Needs, Terrence Toliver, Texas, Texas A&M, Thomas Davis, Top NFL Rookies, Top NFL Teams, Travis Lewis, Trent Williams, UCLA, UNC, Vernon Gholston, Vincent Jackson, Virginia, Von Miller, Washington, Washington Redskins, Washington Redskins Draft Needs NFC West Team Needs- Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins Team Needs, Week ___ NFL Power Rankings, Wisconsin, WR