DC Pro Sports Report does a great job putting together several boards. Just skimming through you can see that Russell Okung is a popular choice among the experts. However, not all are sold and you see a few who will maintain that the Skins draft Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford. You see a few Eric Berry’s name is here and there, but as the excitement builds, be sure to check out the trends before we get to the big day in April.
Rotojunkie.com via the FanBall Network also did a great piece, conducting its own mock draft. Here are the top 10 selections.
1) St. Louis Rams – Will Horton (RamsHerd.com) – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2) Detroit Lions – Josh Pung (RoarOfTheLions.com) – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
3) Tampa Bay Bucs – Eric Schmidt (WhatTheBucs.com) – Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
4) Washington Redskins – Ryan Estroninos (PaintItRedskins.com) – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
5) Kansas City Chiefs – (ChiefsChatter.com) – Joe Haden, CB, Florida
6) Seattle Seahawks – Jay Flannelly (FlockOfSeahawks.com) – Brandon Graham, LB, Michigan
7) Cleveland Browns – Ward Peterson (GridironBrownies.com) – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
8 ) Oakland Raiders – Stu Rosenberg (RaidersRadar.com) – Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
9) Buffalo Bills – Jon Munoz (BillsHerd.com) - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
10a) Chicago Bears (Chicago’s pick goes to Denver) – Ismael Seguban (BearsHibernation.com, WHAT CHICAGO WOULD HAVE DONE) – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
WILL THE SKINS GET OKUNG? OR GO QUARTERBACK?
I am not opposed to the Redskins going quarterback, but I do not think it is the best move in the first round. As I write this, the Redskins have re-signed Casey Rabach, given Mike Williams another year, and signed free agent Artis Hicks. The strength and weakness of this offense is on the offensive line, and this is where I feel they build. Based on their conservative approach to free agency so far, I feel they may be going in that direction.
As for quarterbacks, none of the QB’s on the board seem to have any magic as far as I can see. They may do well, they may stink. The fact that you cannot bank on any of them make them less valuable in my eyes. The mess that the Redskins are in, personnel-wise does not (IMO) give them that luxury. You can however, take one in the later rounds and hope they turn into a Tom Brady. What you do not want is to draft someone high, and he turns into Ryan Leaf.