Since a tiny throw away post engendered so many comments in such a short period of time, I decided to there was more fun to be had here. There seem to be two different issues at hand. 1) Is it ok to wish an opposing team player an injury? 2) Is someone like Tom Brady the kind of player we should hope gets hurt?
For the purposes of this post, let’s assume it is ok to wish injury to another player. At the very least, let’s assume injuries are going to happen no matter what and so if they have to happen you have a preference for who they happen to.
And in that spirit, let’s make a list of players we’d like to see hurt!
Of course, my first list just included the Cowboys roster in order from 1 to 53. But that’s no fun. So I’m going to have two different lists:
The Cowboys List-
1. Roy Williams- I might be doing the Cowboys a favor here since they almost released him themselves since he is incapable of playing the pass. But after all the players he has hurt, it is time for Williams to get hurt.
2. Jessica Simpson- I actually like Tony Romo. But Chicken of the Sea girl annoys me. Yes, again, I might be doing them a favor, but she has got to go.
3. Emmit Smith- Bad commentary is one thing. Pure, incomparable nonesense is another. Get him off my TV, and please god, don’t let him dance again.
4. Terrell Owens- TO has shown lots of maturity and has really been an excellent team mate. This is purely because it would help the Skins if he got hurt.
5. Pac Man Jones- This isn’t because I wish him ill will. I just liked it when he had nothing to do and there was a fun story every couple weeks about what strip club he went to and what he got caught doing. I miss that Pac Man. I want him and his rain back.
1. Roger Goodell- I can’t stand the hypocrisy. I’m tired of the inconsistency of how player punishment is handled. I’m tired of how he covered up Spygate. He isn’t even fun to watch during the draft. I like the way Paul Taglibue and David Stern of the NBA play with the crowd during the draft. Is there anyone who said “we have a trade” with more gusto than Tags? Goodell stinks.
2. Brett Favre/all the media who talk about him incessantly- I’m actually hesitating about this. If Favre is hurt bad enough, the media would have nothing to talk about in regards to him, but I don’t really want him hurt THAT bad. I don’t wish him ill. I’m just tired of hearing about him. On the other hand, it seems impractical to get rid of every professional member of the media. So, Brett, you’re going down. And for good. Or maybe you’ll come back. Or maybe it will be for good. Or maybe you’ll come back. Oh, damn. There is no getting rid of him is there?
3. Ray Lewis- No, I can’t prove it. No, it is wrong to think anyone did anything just because of the media coverage. But Fedexing the evidence is bad enough for me. How Ray Lewis, someone wholly connected with murder, has been allowed to play in the league with almost no reprecussions is beyond me. This seems like karma to me even if it is like a decade later.
4. Jason Campbell and Todd Collins- If I was going to put the names of other team’s players on the list it only seemed fair to put a Redskin or two on the list. And hell, I just like Colt Brennan. I honestly don’t know if he’d be any good. But darn he is fun to watch!
5. Donovan McNabb…oh nevermind. That’ll happen. Umm…Fred Taylor…oh never mind. Ummm…Marion Barber? Already happened. Vince Young…geeze. Ummm… Aaron Rodgers…no too cruel. Oh, I know! How about the marketing guys who think Peyton Manning is the only player in the NFL- I don’t wish Peyton ill will, but I am so tired of seeing his face in every commercial. A little boy whispers “Clark” to me in my sleep every night. And hurting Peyton won’t help any. So, let’s get the marketing guys!
OK, that was fun and theraputic. Include your list, or your fears that I will go to hell and/or jinx the Skins for talking like this in the comments box. We could have a lot of fun here.